Bummer in the Summer

All alone on the bone when I didn't have a home
When I saw the way I was and I knew where I was supposed to be
I was twitchin' so I turned and it's really hard to learn
That everyone I saw was just another part of me.
-- Arthur Lee, "Bummer in the Summer," Forever Changes (1967)


These are the reviews
and other assignments
I'm working on this month.

Amazon CDs: Sara Bareilles - Little
Voice
and Lifehouse - Who We Are.

Amazon DVDs: The Flying Scotsman (Jonny Lee Miller on
a bicycle), Wild Tigers I Have Known, Black Book (Verhoeven
is back—and van Houten's got him), A Crude Awakening, and
Full House - The Complete Seventh Season [six-disc set].

Amazon Theatricals: The 11th Hour (Leonardo DiCaprio
takes on global warming), Becoming Jane (Anne Hathaway as
Jane Austen), El Cantante (Marc Anthony as Héctor Lavoe), The
Ten
(Commandments, that is; with Paul Rudd), Broken English
(Parker Posey falls for Melvil Poupard), and Hot Rod (Lorne
Michaels-produced comedy with SNL's Andy Samberg).

Resonance Music: Baby
Elephant - Turn My Teeth Up!
(Prince Paul and Bernie Wor-
rell), M. Ward - Duet for
Guitars #2
(reissue), Young
Marble Giants - Colossal
Youth
(expanded edition),
and the soundtrack to You're
Gonna Miss Me
(a collection
of tracks from Roky Erickson and the 13th Floor Elevators).

Seattle Sound: An interview with John Sayles
and a sidebar on the Honeydripper All-Star Band.

Siffblog: An Interview with John Scheinfeld and up-
dated versions of Half Nelson and 3-Iron, Après Vous...,
and Me and You and Everyone We Know
.



Endnote: No, I'm not having a bummer summer, but I couldn't
resist the opportunity to crib from the late Mr. Lee (from whom
this site takes its name). Plus, I already swiped Colin Meloy's
"July, July" for last year's review roundup. Lyrics from Lyrics
Seek
, images from Hollywood Hangover and Google Images (Nil-
sson and Lennon shooting pool—with berets!). Y'know, Arthur
looks like Benicio Del Toro in that first pic. Weird...but cool.
Purchase Structured Settlements Mesothelioma Lawyers Secured Loan Calculator Secured Loans Insurance Auto car free insurance online quote students debt consolidation loans data recovery Denver adverse credit remortgages conference calling companies irs tax lawyers Personal Injury Lawyer Auto Insurance Instant Car Insurance Quote UK home owner loan Remortgaging buyer Structured Settlement Injury Lawyers homeowner consolidation loans Structured Settlement Consumer Info Arizona dui lawyers eloan mortgage Consolidation of Student Loan Student Loan Consolidation Calculator Bad Credit Home Equity auto insurance
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. movie free new download wach movie film - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger