Dinosaur Jr. - An Encounter With the Beast: Part Two

Part two of a 1989 inter-
view from KCMU's Wire.

***** ***** ***** *****

Click here for part one

Fennessy: When did you do the "Just Like Heaven" single?

J: We recorded it about a year ago.

Fennessy: I was wondering how you had the time to do that...

Murph: I think that song's pretty cool. I like that.

J: It's okay. I mean, it's better than "Show Me the
Way" [from 1987's You're Living All Over Me].

Fennessy: You didn't like that one? That's the impression I got.

J: No, I didn't like it.

Fennessy: Was it a joke or was it serious?

J: Yeah, Peter Frampton's a jerk.

Fennessy: I thought it was a good sing-
le. It's kind of "straight," but I like that.

J: Uh-huh. I don't know...I try to forget.

Fennessy: Were you mad that people were really into it?

J: I never got that impression.

Murph: Yeah, I got the impression that people hated it.

J: They hated it.

Fennessy: Is it true that your first album [Dinosaur] is a demo tape, that Homestead just put it out that way?

J: They told us to put out
an album. We did one.

Fennessy: I read something that says, "It sounds like a demo tape, because it is."

J: Well, we had to pay for the recording, and we didn't have any money, so it only cost us five hundred bucks to record it.

Murph: Yeah, we did it in this guy's basement that we knew.

Fennessy: How do you feel about that album?

J: It's weird, it's really weird, I think.

Steve: I agree.

Murph: I like it.

Fennessy: I like it a lot. To me it's really eclectic, because there's so much different sounding stuff on it. ["Different sounding stuff"?]

J: Yeah, because we hadn't really played together that long.

Murph: I never listen to stuff after we've
done it, so I totally forget about stuff.

Click here for part three



Note: All images from the AMG. End part two of three.
Purchase Structured Settlements Mesothelioma Lawyers Secured Loan Calculator Secured Loans Insurance Auto car free insurance online quote students debt consolidation loans data recovery Denver adverse credit remortgages conference calling companies irs tax lawyers Personal Injury Lawyer Auto Insurance Instant Car Insurance Quote UK home owner loan Remortgaging buyer Structured Settlement Injury Lawyers homeowner consolidation loans Structured Settlement Consumer Info Arizona dui lawyers eloan mortgage Consolidation of Student Loan Student Loan Consolidation Calculator Bad Credit Home Equity auto insurance
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. movie free new download wach movie film - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger